A Houston-based firm is looking for a Database Administrator. The Database Administrator will be responsible for providing technical support for the establishment and continued efficient operations of server databases and systems in support of enterprise applications and services for the office.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Document new and existing databases and database applications
• Performs database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance.
• Perform routine and periodic database maintenance tasks.
• Monitor and manage custom backup/restore and disaster recovery plans.
• Design the schemes, permissions, and tables for database as appropriate for its use
• Install, configure and upgrade the server to suit the database needs
• Design automated systems to mine information and make reports
• Control the access for database by giving security password and permissions
• Maintaining documentation and coding standards
• Assists Management in guaranteeing that the organization will not lose any data and that data is always recoverable and available.
• Ensure that database backups occur in a reliable and regular manner
• Quality Data Review
• Proactively monitor and respond to database Alerts.
• Develop and test data fixes to Production data to support functional and reporting requirements as needed
• Install database software service packs and cumulative updates as necessary
• Troubleshoot and resolve database connectivity issues
• Solid experience and troubleshooting skills with windows
• Data analysis transformations, sample validations, linear analysis.
• Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
• Help with Database design and implementation.
• Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
• Database tuning and performance monitoring.
• Application tuning and performance monitoring.
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
• Work as part of a team and provide 7×24 supports when required.
• Do general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
• Data technologist writing algorithms and code for business purposes.
• Data conversion projects from in-house legacy solutions to the third party hosted solutions, both production, and data warehouse.
• 3-5 years’ experience in the database network environment
• Familiar with the project management life cycle
• Dedicated, well organized and disciplined in work
• Ability to interpret user needs and transform them into action
• Skilled at thinking logically and analyzing the given data
• Ability to handle work pressure and provide quality work
• Careful methodical approach to detail is critical
As a Desktop Support Technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 1300 associates. This will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows software, and much more. In addition, you will also be assigned special projects in which you will get to research new technology and solve more complex problems.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Responding to associate service calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and taking necessary steps to resolve those problems.
• Building and configuring PCs and laptops as well as loading software, and conducting audits for unlicensed software.
• Running and terminating infrastructure cabling between workstations and communication closets.
We are looking for Desktop Support Technicians who are responsible, dependable, and committed to building a long-term career with us. You must be a goal-driven team player with solid organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
No prior experience is necessary. As long as you have the interest and technical aptitude, we will provide all the training you need. The combination of helpdesk support and hands-on technical work with equipment will give you a broad foundation on which to build your career. You will also find plenty of opportunities for professional development and advancement with us. If you are the kind of person who loves to “tinker" and learn new technology, we want to talk with you!
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to take advantage of training and learning opportunities
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Independent, self-starting attitude
• A+ Certification, a plus
• Hands on experience with PC operations, a plus
To apply for this position, email your resume directly to email@example.com
Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. Reynolds and Reynolds encourages applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.
The Information Technology Specialist is an expert role to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. Is a well versed hardware and software technical support resource. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Configuring and supporting desktops and laptop computers. Provisioning and managing user accounts among several systems.
Primary Job Function:
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Respond to advanced queries either in person or over the phone.
• Walk customers through problem-solving process.
• Advanced Installation, modification, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Create and manage new user accounts among several systems.
• Maintain timely and accurate help desk request records using ticketing system.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Monitor licensing utilization and hardware inventory.
• Test pending software updates.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Management of multi-function copier fleet.
• 4-year college degree/ technical study in field or equivalent education and experience combined. Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is preferred.
• Microsoft MOS/A+, Network+, MCP, MCSE certification or other MS certifications are preferred.
• 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems up to and including Server 2012 R2 Administration with Active Directory (Provisioning, Group Policies, OU, scripting, etc.) and Systems Management tools.
• Experience configuring and trouble-shooting desktops, laptops, and other office peripherals.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple OS.
• Experience with PC imaging and desktop management including application deployment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 and experience with technology rollouts / upgrades.
• Working knowledge of telephony systems. Ability to provision and setup new phones/systems.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting smart phones (Android, iOS).
• Experience with client-server applications, Citrix, VPN, SCCM, and Air Watch Support.
• Previous experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system to record and track reported incidents.
• Expert level technical break/fix skills with all versions of Microsoft Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 & XP, MS office products, and other MS productivity tools.
• Highly skilled in Anti-virus software, PC imaging, computer security methodology.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service is required.
• Prior experience supporting desktops, laptops, and other technology in an office setting is essential.
• Qualified candidates will possess strong written, and oral communication skills, and a willingness to “do whatever it takes” with high energy within a collaborative team environment.
• Strong technical, communication and analytical skills.
• Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks
• Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner.
• Utilizes multi-tasking and organizational skills with attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
• Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
• Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
• Regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms to grasp.
• Regularly required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Complies with Strike’s policies and procedures.
• Complies with Strike’s Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
• Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
• Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Job Location: The Woodlands, TX
To apply, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
7th Annual Woodlands Church
Thursday, May 25, 2017
10am - 3pm
1 Fellowship Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77384
OVER 150 PARTICIPATING EMPLOYERS
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
WC JOB MINISTRY
10:30 am - Live Your Passion - Do What You Love!
11:30 am - The Best Networker of All Time!
12:30 pm - Get a Job in a Jiffy!
1:30 pm - The Employee Everybody Wants to Hire!
FREE ONE on ONE RESUME REVIEW
Provided by Workforce Solutions!
Companies wanting to participate may email jobsupportministry.com
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: M-F, Days
Job Ref: 30660
The Sr. Application Analyst performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications.
The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers and junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems. The Sr. Application Analyst trains and mentors junior colleagues.
The Sr. Application Analyst works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies.
The Sr. Application Analyst takes the lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems within related IT teams and manage change.
The Sr. Application Analyst is tasked with high level administration of applications and ensures quality delivery of application availability.
The Sr. Application Analyst is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department.
The Sr Application Analyst assists with budgeting and project management.
The Application Analyst III applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
7+ years of experience in Healthcare with IT Experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
• Expert ability and skill to troubleshoot system problems and to engineer expert solutions with IT customers and vendors.
• Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare applications or clinical workflow
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
• Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodologies and ability to apply them to large scale system implementation
• Ability to lead, manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical and business information systems.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Requisition ID 2017-4105
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
ServiceNow Administrator is responsible for all levels of administration and management services to support a highly reliable and secure IT Service Management (ITSM) tool (“ServiceNow”) utilized by the organization’s end-users to log and track IT support activity. This will include the design, implementation, and ongoing improvement for a portfolio of ITSM processes for continuous tracking, reporting, and trending.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Candidate will assume primary ownership of Apache’s ServiceNow environment. This includes working with Apache management to establish internal strategy, use cases, direction, and user adoption.
• Provide subject matter proficiency for work on the ServiceNow Platform.
• Experience with ServiceNow CMDB, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Asset Management, Discovery, • Orchestration, Reporting, Implementation, Configuration and Administration.
• Provide recommendations on system maintenance, implementation and direction for new projects and functionality.
• Expert level in Performance Analytics and Reporting.
• Responsible for application, upgrades and hardware maintenance and support activities for ServiceNow to ensure optimal performance.
• Creates and maintains migration procedures.
• Responsible for developing training materials and for training the user community as needed.
• Work directly with end users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow.
• Perform ServiceNow implementation tasks including but not limited to: Configuration, integration, custom development and installation.
• Knowledge of helpdesk and change control industry and related business management applications. (ITIL)
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent
3+ years of experience in ServiceNow as a System Administrator configuring core ServiceNow modules including Service Catalog, Incident/problem, Asset Management, Reporting and Configuration.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE & ATTRIBUTES/COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to multitask in a fast-pace environment.
• Strong customer service skills and demonstrated interest in continuous improvement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences including senior level management. Ability to clearly communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audience. • Strong inter-personal skills in a diverse cultural environment.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations. Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and organizational skills. Review and ensure proper escalation/resolution of incidents.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities and requirements.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Job ID: 3005352
Applies advanced cyber security subject matter knowledge to manage Cybersecurity’s Governance & Compliance staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Current deliverables from this team: PCI compliance, Audit, ISO certification, Regulatory & Contractual Compliance, Merchant ID management, Cardholder Data Environment (CDE), Policy Standards & Specifications, Process House, Records Management, Privacy, Legal, and Business Continuity.
Manages HP employee individual contributors &/or supervisors, &/or non-HP employee contractors/consultants. Has accountability for results of major programs in terms of cost, strategy, results and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' work may involve strategic and tactical issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. As this is a “working manager” role, this manager may personally drive initiatives, projects &/or operational day2day “run” activities.
Work hours traditionally required to fulfill this role are expected to be 50+ hours per week.
In line with HP & HPIT policy, work is to be performed at an HP Site.
Manages activities of Individual Contributor(s).
Accountable for department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results, organizational strategy, and transformational activities. As this is a “working manager” role, this manager may personally drive initiatives, projects &/or operational day2day “run” activities.
Applies strong subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving moderate to complex business/technical issues within established policies.
Directs and controls activities for business or IT area including one or more disciplines.
Plans, directs, and monitors operational activities of staff and drives the strategic plan for the team.
Ensures team meets or enables achievement of relevant Cybersecurity & IT metrics and commitments per business goals and objectives.
Provides technical as well as people leadership.
Exerts influence beyond the immediate team; demonstrates business acumen and applies it for effective business engagement with internal customers and effective management of programs and initiatives.
Drives change management in the team or immediate organization; takes personal ownership of the Cybersecurity strategy and drives support of it.
Education and Experience Required
Typically a technical bachelor’s degree plus ten years minimum related experience with minimum of three years management experience in Cyber/Information Security or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated expertise within relevant field or discipline as well as a broader experience in other Cyber/Information Security functions/domains. Experience directing and controlling the activities of one or more functions. Industry Security Certification highly preferred: e.g. CISM, CISSP, CRISC, or CISA In-depth understanding of PCI DSS, ISO 27001/27002, and NIST Cybersecurity Frameworks
Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects. Assigns work to others. Provides business and people leadership of assigned projects, initiatives, &/or operational run activities. Develops innovative solutions to business or technology problems. Work impacts internal Cybersecurity & IT customers and delivery of Cybersecurity & IT services or projects, typically geographically dispersed or globally.
Creates business plans with one to three-year time horizon. Will own and manage budgetary responsibilities for all work in the assigned area of work.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Digital Forensics and Incident Response Analysts III (Level 2 Forensics Analysts) are experienced technical investigators. They leverage their experience to differentiate between commodity and targeted threats. They work closely with other IT personnel to identify, track, and mitigate suspicious activity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individuals in this position will possess an expert-level understanding of a number of security technologies.
Will investigate using complex queries across a variety of platforms.
Will assist in technical incident response activities and report writing.
Must have an advanced knowledge of relevant policies and best practices.
Differentiate between commodity and non-commodity threats.
Work with Regional IT to ensure commodity threats are addressed in a timely manner.
Use Forensics Tools to analyze non-commodity threats.
Write Forensics Reports.
Maintain meticulous records on the status of remediation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum 2 years of experience with Digital Forensics and Incident Response Tools such as FireEye HX, Mandiant Intelligent Response, Redline, and Volatility.
Experience writing Splunk queries and analyzing security logs for anomalies.
SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) or GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
10+ years of IT experience with 5 years IT security experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent teaming and collaboration skills.
Travel Percentage: 0-10%
Must be available to respond to incidents
Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE).
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
APPLY FOR THIS JOB