We are looking for an experienced Metallurgist to join our team.
- Completes metallurgical evaluations of samples from outside processor.
- Coordinates needed testing and sampling with other laboratories in the company.
- Certifies and calibrates lab equipment to recognized standards and within budget.
- Enters and maintains laboratory test data and records.
- Maintains quality systems documentation.
- Interfaces with outside labs to ensure proper testing and results.
- Conducts lab investigations including outside processor, bench & re-trim, and in-house rejections from Mill.
- Assists in all metallurgical functions.
- Assists operations in the resolution of product quality issues.
- Provides metallurgical support for the maintenance and operations departments as needed.
- Supports mill operations through involvement in continuous improvement projects related to decarb, grain size, end heating, etc.
- Provides technical support regarding customer claims and corporate inquiries.
- Serves as back up contact to customers, technical service and for the Mill Quality Department.
- Responds to Corporate inquiries regarding Mill data, order grading, etc.
- Assures compliance with all company policies.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision