Provide outside sales with support to manage new and existing accounts. Contact customers through, but not limited to, customer visits, phone calls, email, mailings, fax, and conferences to communicate opportunities to extend initiatives with the company. Perform sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs, and opportunities. The ideal candidate should have aspirations of moving into outside sales.
- Co-manage the accounts in the territory, region, or product specific markets. This includes but is not limited to identifying and understanding project requirements, taking the order and order entry; scheduling product delivery; addressing delivery or quality issues as needed.
- Contact known and potential users of company products to ascertain requirements, identify projects and timing. Determine optimum production facility to supply the customer requirements.
- Obtain market information from customers, contractors, and trucking companies and share that information with the sales organization.
- Manage the web site inquiries and either respond or refer the inquiries to the appropriate person in the organization.
- Perform takeoffs using project drawings, specifications, and standards.
- Provide territory information including forecast and market information for strategic planning purposes.
- Contact current customers to sell product and communicate company policies on unit price, product availability, scheduling/shipping date, payment terms, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by the customer.
- Prepare and present proposals, quotes, and product data information.
- Answer questions from customers or individuals on how the products perform or direct them to the appropriate person that is able to assist them.
- Match product availability and company programs with customer requirements.
- Assist customers as needed with managing logistic issues. Review shipping schedules and orders to ensure they are accurate.
- Review customer purchase orders received for price and consistency with company Terms and Condition of Sale.
- Maintain files for orders and the customer address data base.
- Follow up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates. Confer with production, shipping, and common carriers to expedite orders or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional between company and customer.
- Receive and document customer complaints.
- Perform in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
The ability to read and understand documents, write business correspondence, quotes, and reports
The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
The ability to perform several tasks at once
The ability to follow direction or instruction
The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
Ability to speak, communicate, and effectively establish a rapport, present information, and respond to questions from internal and external customers.