To ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation of the Salvage workforce and location through security of corporate assets, customer relations, sale of donated goods, inventory controls and accurate transactions, in order to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities. Also, provides direction, job training, and support of Salvage team members concerning the proper and safe handling of goods, leading to increased revenues for mission services funding. The Salvage Assistant Manager assists the Salvage Manager with providing direction, job training, supervision, and support for Salvage team members concerning the proper handling of goods, leading to increased revenues for mission services funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates Goodwill Houston’s Core Values in all actions.
- Ensures adherence to Guiding Principles and CARF standards.
- Ensures alignment and consistency of all aspects of Salvage operations to include SOPs, Reference Guides, job descriptions, performance evaluations, observation checklists, production standards, GoodwillU training, Safety Program, and others documents related to DGR systems.
- Processes salvage efficiently and effectively based on company needs and adapts to changes in commodities processing as assigned.
- Bales salvageable merchandise, identify and demonstrate understanding of items that can be baled together or items that cannot be baled but should be process separately.
- Assist with quality control assurance.
- As assigned, sorts totes and processes each tote with a sense of urgency.
- Assist in efficient movement of goods in the warehouse to and from storage or production areas, and in the loading and unloading of trucks with salvage goods with the aid of material handling equipment as needed.
- Operates assigned material handling equipment in a safe and prudent manner under general supervision, in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, organizational and safety policies and procedures.
- Use of safe work procedures and personal protective equipment as required. (i.e. lifting, use of proper equipment, etc.). Reports incidents and injuries in a timely manner to the immediate supervisor.
- Follows the identified compliance standards and GWH guidelines for processing different commodities.
- Reports Forklift and other needed equipment repairs and/or maintenance to the Salvage Manager in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, functional work relationship with team leader and all team members.
- Follows all GWH Guiding Principles and Core Values.
- Attend in-service and related training as assigned by the Salvage Manager.
- Fosters, builds, and embodies the culture of DGR and Goodwill Houston.