KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate standard English language
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract three-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
- Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
- Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- No visible tattoos
- Ability to operate a manual transmission is highly desirable
- Perform parallel parking
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
- Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided by Sovereign Services
- If providing shuttle services, may be subject to additional requirements
- Must be able to communicate standard English language
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to write simple correspondence
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
- Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.