Join the fastest growing steel company in America!
We are hiring Purchasing Agents for our Projects!
- Buying materials and services for projects with extensive electrical knowledge
- Maintaining an updated database of approved suppliers
- Researching new prospective sources for project requirements
- Preparing RFQ’s / bid package to probable suppliers based on project team technical specifications
- Effective coordination between suppliers & project teams to resolve any technical issues
- Commercial comparison between competitive quotes
- Taking appropriate internal approvals
- Review / Negotiate, terms and conditions of purchase contracts
- Processing Purchase Orders in SAP
- Material Follow-Up (tracking open PO’s, follow-up)
- Reject material return / credit co-ordination
- Resolve disputed invoices with accounting / supplier
- Monitor supplier performance
- Complying with ISO procedures
- Maintaining / filing documentation and preparing MIS reports
General work responsibilities:
- Data entry of purchase orders, maintain and monitor supplier’s performance as per required formats. Process requisitions, verify items to order, verify appropriate approvals, clarify payment terms, shipping methods, delivery schedules, and create new suppliers in the supplier database.
- Maintain Documentation. Organize, file and maintain purchasing records as per ISO procedures within the Corporate Purchasing Group
- Responsible for timely follow up / delivery of project materials and communication to concerned stake holders.
- Co-ordination on returning / credit of rejected material received from suppliers with stores / accounting.
- Reconcile discrepancies of invoicing and the terms of the purchase order with supplier / accounting.
- Responsible for creating and producing performance reports to evaluate the performance in purchasing, budget versus actual spending, On time delivery performance.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision